3.3.12

March to Fitness Day 3: Breakfast


Water, Mini Quiches, Toasted Paleo Bread with butter, and oranges slices
My breakfasts always include eggs. I never used to regularly eat them, but I've become a huge fan. I will hard boil a bunch on Sundays for a quick breakfast during the week or packed as my recovery protein after lifting. I also like them scrambled with some spinach, or as these Mini Quiches. I made a batch last Sunday and have been eating them all week, delish! I also always eat a citrus fruit at breakfast, the vitamin C aids with iron absorption. I love grapefruit, but a friend recently visited family in Florida and brought back oranges to share from her backyard. They are so sweet and juicy, makes me jealous of Floridians, and not just for the great weather. Bummed that I only have one left :(

Mini Quiches
Recipe by Angela from The Gym Cellar

8 oz cream cheese (I used neufchatel)
8 eggs
Chopped meat if you desire (I used organic sausage, pre-cooked)
Veggies of your choice (I used red pepper, onion)
Garlic, pepper, salt


Whip. Pour into greased pie pan or divide in cupcake pan. Bake at 325 degrees
until center is slightly wiggly. Pull out of oven and let sit. The eggs will continue
to cook once out of the oven. If you cook until it is solid it will be dry and rubbery.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear thoughts from family and friends, new and old. Thanks for reading my posts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...