10.3.11

Catch-up and Mustard.

It's a rainy, dreary day here in Maryland so I figured it's a great time to stop the blogging procrastination. I'm wayyy behind on the challenge, so I need to catch up. Instead of doing all 18 photos that I need to do at once I'll just do three or four a day until I'm caught up. Yep, even when playing catch up I still know how to procrastinate. It's a skill I've spent years honing...

Day 11: A photo of a night you loved.



This is a photo from a night out in downtown Omaha last summer. My friend Mary and I had a great time eating Persian food, hitting up Big Brain for my nose piercing, and ending the night with cheap drinks.

Day 12: A photo of when you were happy.



July 20th, 2005


Day 13: A photo of one of your favorite movies.


So it's kind of a guilty pleasure, but I love Burlesque. I generally love all song and dance oriented flicks, but I just really love the aesthetic of Burlesque. Julianne Hough is my idol, I would love to look sexy and dance for living. (okay, that sounds bad. I only mean that to be a professional dancer would be awesome!) Plus, how can't you love Xtina's pipes?
If you haven't seen it yet you are welcome to my living room. Hubby bought it for me as a surprise!!
Day 14: A photo of your best friend (s).

Mary is my "back home" BFF. Since moving to the east coast I've made loads of wonderful friends, but Mary is a constant. We don't chat as often as I'd like, and we live very different lives, but I will always love her. Now, if she'd only come visit me.....*cough*

 
Now, completely off topic, but I have been infiltrated by the Mustard bug. I can't get enough of the color, anytime I'm out spending my husband's money  shopping, my eye is immediately drawn to anything with the lovely, springy yellow. I was in Target the other day and saw these. Lovely if you have a rich skin tone, but I'm pretty sure it would be butt ugly on my pale bod. So as much as I love the color, I'm learning that it doesn't make everything better, just most things haha.
 
That being said, if you are looking for a gift for me my fave color right now is still mustard, followed by my long time fave of green. Just putting it out there....;)
 
I am very ready for spring, especially to garden! This Saturday, March 12th is Plant a Flower Day! Sweetpea and I (and maybe Hubby, if he feels so inclined) will be planting Mammoth Sunflower seeds.
 
 

Hubby is 6'3", hence the "Mammoth" title.

 The "gardeners" in our neighborhood tend to pull all our sunflower sprouts but one each year, this year I'm determined to have them all survive! Sunflowers are really easy to grow, just find a spot with lots of sun (duh). They are a great choice for kiddos because of the low maintenance, and the large seed size is a good physical thing for them to see (other small seeds don't really look like much to them). Plus the bigger varieties are fun to take pictures with :)

Will you plant a flower this Saturday? Send me pics!

Until next time -
Barbie

6 comments:

  1. Target has a cardi in mustard color! And yes, I bought it. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn, I have a mustard cardi from Target already lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still with ya girl. Mustard and yellow are still my top faves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to have to plant a flower on Saturday now!!! Cameron would love watching a sunflower grow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there! Thanks for stopping by tonight! I love burlesque too. It is just plain sexy.
    My follow button is ALL the way at the bottom of my blog.
    Hm, do you think I should change that?
    Have a great night. Good luck on the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Aubrey, I looked down there but didn't see it right away. I'm just used to them being towards the top ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear thoughts from family and friends, new and old. Thanks for reading my posts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...