18.6.10

Treasure Mateys!



It's been a little while and I think it is finally time for my first treasure post! It's been good pickings at the neighborhood dumpster area, I guess with PCS season upon us everyone is purging.

I'm really excited about a find from yesterday evening. We've been thinking about upgrading Aliyah to a high-back booster now that she is big enough for one, but have just procrastinated on purchasing one. Lo and behold, what to I find while dumpster diving? You guessed it, a high-back booster. And, it's pink!

For anyone who doesn't know my daughter, let me give you a little tidbit about her. She is 100% girl and pink is her number one favorite color. I swear it's because I wanted a boy when I was pregnant. So it was serendipitous that I come across something that she would treasure as well.

It was completely perfect functionality-wise and had no damage to it at all (I wouldn't use anything that seemed unsafe). Only negative was the state of filth I found it in, and I wasn't sure I could get the stains out of the cover. However, a pre-treating session with some detergent and an old toothbrush (GREAT way to reuse them, they clean more than teeth!) and a run through the washer, and the cover was good as new. I cleaned up the base with some disinfecting wipes, slid the covers back on, and voila! A perfect seat for a princess.

A quick glance at the Graco website revealed that it is actually their current booster seat, pattern name Annette, and has an MSRP of $49.99.  I also downloaded the instruction manual since it obviously wasn't thrown away in conjunction with the seat.  Overall, probably my favorite find so far. So go out and do a little dumpster diving yourself, you'll never know what treasure you may find!




Happy Hunting!

-Barbie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear thoughts from family and friends, new and old. Thanks for reading my posts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...