10.9.10

I'm here, I promise.

I received a Facebook message at the beginning of the month.  I won't say who it's from, but this is what it said:

"When are you going to update your blog? I love reading about the things you find. You have inspired us to go out and do it as a family. My 4 year old has found himself a cars step stool and match box cars. I picked up my husband a like new golf bag the other day (he was thrilled). Anyways just wanted to say thanks!! "

When I read this I felt so blessed to have inspired someone with my crazy hippie shenanigans, but at the same time I felt guilty because I'm letting people down now. So let me give a brief explanation to my recent (and hopefully soon to be ended) absence.

I'm alive, I swear. Within the past couple weeks my life has gone from simple to EXTREMELY busy. Within one week I started two college classes, got a job working weekends at my favorite place, and my husband broke his foot. The next week I was offered a job teaching dance at the local youth center and was asked to volunteer my choreography services to a local youth cheerleading squad. That means that Mondays are the only evenings I am home.  Cherry on top: I'm running a 5k on the 26th (I may not be alive after that).

I think several times a day about blogging, I have sooo many ideas in my head just waiting to hit the web. Whenever a spare second comes around though, I notice how messy the house is or I'm just too exhausted to even keep my eyes open.

Don't get me wrong though, everything that has come into my life recently (besides hubby's broken foot) has been wonderful, I'm just still trying to figure out how to balance everything since my life has been so low-key for so long. I have a good chunk of time free tomorrow morning, so I will do my best to get SOMETHING up. Thanks for your patience and encouragement, it is greatly appreciated!

Again soon,
Barbie

PS. I recently had a conversation with my good friend Elisabeth about how we hate blog posts without pictures, they are so boring. So here is a picture :)


I want to lounge under this tree with apple cider and a good book.

2 comments:

  1. haha. This is wonderful. So glad you're going to be writing again. And so glad things are going so well for you. <3
    and I guess now I'm gonna have to start finding pictures to put on my blogs. ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love me some fall foliage! I know, I do the same thing...think about blog posts I WANT to post, then look at my kitchen sink with a mound of dirty dishes. Not to mention I am a milk buffet and I never close;) Well I did for a few hours the other night...we had fun didn't we? Girls nights rock! We should have another one in Nov.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear thoughts from family and friends, new and old. Thanks for reading my posts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...